Thursday, July 2, 2009

Be A Special Mom & Ramen Noodles

So, I've been sitting here thinking about WHAT exactly I should blog about. It's been suggested to blog about my unemployment status -- but let's face it, it gets boring reading the same thing every day. I applied for X job, didn't get an interview; had an interview today, two days later I didn't get the job, etc. So I scratched that idea. Then it was suggested to blog on Mommy-hood -- so I am going to give it a shot at that! :) I have this book here that I probably bought for myself (my husband has never ever bought me anything that states things like World's Greatest Mom photo frames, etc outside of the regular Mother's Day and Birthday cards, so I know this book never came from him - sorry EP) - it is called 101 Ways to Be a Special Mom, written by Vicki Lansky (OK, English degree comin' out there).

Anyhow, here is the first one and I'll insert a little info about it in regards to MY Mommyhood now :) AND, to go along with it, we all know that raising kids is not exactly the CHEAPEST thing in the world to do! So, I'll include a recipe every day for RAMEN noodles! YES! Who hasn't lived off of those things at least once? This one is a written by Toni Patrick. SO enjoy :)

#1 Kiss all owies
After seven years of kissing owies, it's gotten to the point that 'shake it off' doesn't work! I mean, c'mon, if YOU were to fall of the swing set and had a ginormous gooseeggg on the noggin, do you really think "shake it off' would work for YOU! Heck no! You'd probably curse and apply some ice bag or something! If Eluides were to kiss my ankles every time I twisted them he'd be doing pretty often! So, I have twisted the kissing owies into more! If it is something minor like a small scratch, yeah, mommy will kiss it and make it all better. HOWEVER, if it is more than a small scratch and my boys are carrying on like they are gonna die over it, I play it up!

"OH MY GOD! C'mon, Daddy, grab the keys! We gotta take LJ to the emergency room! He's bleeding!" and I'll rush around like I've lost my mind (Ok, let's face it -- one must HAVE a mind to loose a mind). The silliness will lead to "Noooooo. . . I'm not going to the hospital" and big smiles in between tears! To me, it takes away from the smarting that they must be feeling in the knees or palms, bloody noses, etc. and makes them smile and laugh - and isn't that what it's all about.

So, bring on the scrapes and bruises! We'll pretend whenever necessary and seriously, I don't look forward to the time I REALLY have to go to the ER! However, as long as I don't pass out like my Daddy-o did when I was five I think I'll be OK! :)

Here is your Ramen Noodle recipe! I have not tried this, but it looks different! Enjoy - and if you try it out, please post a comment and let me know how it taste!!!

Tomato Noodle Soup
1 pkg ramen noodle soup, any flavor
1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup, condensed

Cook your noodles according to package (that would be 2 cups of water and 3 minutes boiling -- you should know that by now I would hope) DO NOT DRAIN! Add soup. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir it every once in a while. This will make enough to serve 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment