Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cookie Cutters & Egg Drop Soup

Ok, so it is Sunday and I'm needing to figure something out for dinner for my family, but I have no motivation to cook. I've cleaned the lower level (or maybe I should say ATTEMPTED). I'm trying to gather all my crap and make sure it is in one place, and not letting it creep into my husbands comic area. Seriously, I try hard. Maybe I just have too much crap?! Wait! Is it possible for a scrapbooker and rubber stamper to have TOO much stuff? NEVER! :) Anyhow, I bought a plastic shelf in hopes of being able to gather it in a tidier fashion and maybe declutter some other areas (trust me, the Lord knows I could use a mega decluttering session or two). So, I've been a busy worker bee! :)

So, today's topic is cookie cutters and egg drop soup. We love egg drop soup here, so I'm going going to try the recipe later this week, since it looks super easy :)

Keep various cookie cutters or clean scissors handy to make food fun! Cut designs out of cheese slices, cold cuts, sandwiches & Jell-o!

I LOVE cookie cutting the boys' sandwiches. They get such a kick out of it. During Halloween they get ghost, pumpkins, witches, etc. During Easter they get Easter eggs and jelly beans (don't ask), Christmas time they get all sorts of things like presents, angels, trees, bells, etc. Valentines they get hearts. They love the shaped sandwiches, as not only do they get a shape there is NO CRUST on the sandwiches! Oh how a 4 and 7 year old love crustless bread! :) If you have not tried using cookie cutters to spruce up some of your kiddies foods, you should really try it! I'm certain you will one of those 'priceless' moments when they see it! Oh and you can use others during non-holidays like the Wilton flower that is out there, as well as others. I use the Wilton cutters b/c they are large and use up almost an entire slice of bread :0)

Here is your Ramen Noodle recipe for today.

Egg Drop Soup
2 c water
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c diced onion
1/4 c diced celery
12/4 c diced green pepper
1 pkg chicken ramen noodles, with seasoning packet

In a sauce pan, bring water to boiling and add season packet, eggs and veggies. Stir constantly until eggs look done. Simmer 5 minutes. Add noodles and cook 3 - 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Serves 2.

Oh and just a reminder, Ramen Noodles will soon be dirt cheap (yes, cheaper than they normally are) because the stores will stare prepping for the return of college students, so if you see them on sale, STOCK UP!


PS: Ice Age 3 is awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment