Saturday, July 11, 2009

Family

Well, my LJ came home yesterday! It was so good to get a big ol hug from him! His hair has gotten shaggy, and is in need of a haircut, but he did well for the two weeks he was gone! This was the first time he has been gone for this long (normally it is only one week at a time); I was told he did not want to return! What can I say, the little stinker loves my parents!

I packed Thomas off in their SUV this evening for his two weeks. It's like I've only had one child for the past 2 weeks, and then again for the next. I love the fact that my two boys enjoy their one on one time with my parents, and it makes my heart full to know my parents enjoy their time with my boys. Because we live those three hours away, they only get to see my family (typically) once a month and that is only for really one full 24 hours. During that short time we have to shovel all our family time into it! So normally we don't go to bed until after 2am on Friday's and the same for Saturday's! It is hard, but I love visiting with family and friends when I go home, so I don't mind. I do hate the return trip though!!

So, today my dad redid my 'sidewalk' to the front of the house. Eluides had originally laid down some patio blocks, but did not have enough the first time around. So, my dad had told me he'd come up and help re-do it. This weekend he finally made it up to help me! And I should NOT say help me, because he mainly did it by himself! And it looks SOOOOO nice now! Eluides and I have to fill the sides with some sand, but the walk way looks great now! Thanks Daddy-o!

So, one must realize how lucky we are when our family is willing to help us so much! Although we are not always lucky enough to see our family and friends as often as we would like, those times that we do get to visit with them are cherished!

So, I hope Thomas enjoys his time with Nanny and Papaw this weekend as much as LJ did!


No comments:

Post a Comment