Monday, June 15, 2009

What is your favorite time of year?

So, Eluides and I are down in Bloomington this weekend. I've been once before, in the heat of the summer (UGH). Last night we walked around their downtown area and I can see why Eluides has always liked this area. It's busy, even in the summer time. If one were to go into the Village at BSU during the summer there might be a couple handfulls of people around, here -- sheeze, it was Sunday night and the area was still rocking! I'm not sure if it is because of the area, because it was a beatiful night or what -- but it was B-U-S-Y!

Personally - I think the weather had a lot of influence on everyone! Which leads me to the question - what is your favorite time of the year? Personally, I LOVE spring and fall. I love the fact in the spring one never knows what they will get in this great state of IN! Here it is the middle of June and we have yet to go swimming because it's not been warm enough! Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy warm weather, so long as I have a room that is about 68 degrees that I can retreat to after sweating a few pounds off out in the heat, and I know you need to the heat to enjoy a nice day at the waterpark, but I could do without the 85 degrees of heat with a humidity of 10 bazillion! If I'm gonna have 85 degrees, give me NO humidity (or something really really low) and a nice gusty breeze blowing through!

In the spring you also have the fact that you have all kinds of colors popping forth after a nasty brown and white winter! The poor brown crusty grass is coming up and you get some luscious green stuff to walk on barefoot! Isn't the feel of grass beneath bare feet just totally awesome! You will have purple petunias, red impatients and green and pink begonias all over the place! The daffs come come in full force, tulips will soon need thinned out, those damn pesky helicoptors will need cleaned out of the gutters -- and you can turn off the heat and leve the windows open at night! God cannot be more colorful!

And fall! WOW! Not wanting to let go of the warmth, knowing what an Indiana winter will bring, but wanting to see the mums in full glory (one of these days I'll actually HAVE some mums in the fall), the dried up corn waiting to be harvested, the kids so anxious to show off their Halloween costumes. . . How can someone NOT enjoy these two seasons? Personally, I could do without summer and winter (OK, so I would need snow at least once so the boys could play in it, but that is it!UGH!). . . cool nights, warmer days. . .what more could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

  1. It was beautiful. But it was even better spending the time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, now I'm going to get all mushy! :)

    ReplyDelete