Monday, June 29, 2009

The Start of My Week

So, I have started out this week in an OK fashion -- if you don't mind a toothpick being jabbed into the fleshy part of your foot, red KoolAid being poured all over your cream colored carpet, messing up your ankle again, floors that need mopped and swept, and jobs to apply for! :-)

Yeah, OK, so I started my day off kinda crappy. I guess someone had dropped a red colored toothpick on the mauve colored rug in the kitchen sometime this weekend and *I* was the lucky one! OK, so a few choice words came from my lips, but good golly Miss Molly it hurt like the dickens! I think I might have gotten a splinter in the entire process too! No fears, I'll have Eluides dig it out with the tweezers later tonight!

Yes, Thomas spilled RED Kool-aid all over the floor! (I wonder if this is a sign -- red toothpick, red Kool-Aid, my foot is kinda red. . .hmmm) I had told him no, but the little booger had it anyhow! It was an accident, yes, but now I have a BIG RED BLOB stain to add to the other stains! What the heck, let's have a rainbow carpet! It's OK, one of these decades that carpet will be replaced, along with a bazillion other things that need fixed in this house! HAHA!

Don't ask about the weak ol ankles. WHO KNOWS what I did this time! It's the top of my foot that is hurting now! I'm so glad I never had to use crutches in high school! And yes, I am still refusing the surgery! I just don't have time to be laid up for over 6 months PER foot! Just not my cup of tea @ the moment!

My hubby did sweep the living room, daycare room, and the stairs! THANKS ELUIDES! Now, I just need to get the kitchen mopped! UGH! No rest for the wicked lemme tell ya!

Tomorrow I have an interview for a 1,3 and 5 year old. It's only part time, and the lady is waiting for the voucher program to kick in, so I am giving her a deal. . . She pays me and I'll still be able to keep our budget afloat! UGH! I am so ready to have a REAL job! I also applied for a position with Indiana Wesleyan for the Merrillville campus! Maybe, just maybe, they will give an alumn a chance -- an alumn with no experience. Maybe, just maybe IWU will let me put this MBA that I obtained from their school to use!!! Oh I do hope so!!!

Yeah, so I have not really listed the icky part of my day! My mom called. My Granny's cancer HAS spread :( I have not gotten ALL the details, but I know it has moved to other parts of her lungs and maybe even other parts of the body. I'm so not happy with her family doc, because last week they told her it had not spread nor grown. Today she goes to her oncologist and she gets the news! If I were a patient of this other family doc that Granny goes to, I would "eat her up and spit her out for dinner" (those are my sisters words mind you). This lady doc *shakes head* I'm not sure WHERE on earth she got her M.D., but she needs to go back to school! AND she needs a crash course in bedside manners! Maybe that is what I am meant to do! Run bedside manner courses? I could whip some of these docs into shape really fast! UGH!

So, there is my Monday in a walnut shell! Or maybe a clam shell!

I'm going to find my purse around here somewhere and upload some photos from our anniversary party from this weekend. . . .It was a wonderful party, and for those that attended - THANK YOU! Those that missed it - you missed a great party! *I* was wearing a dress!!! GASP!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment