Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mommy! You flung it!

Well, it's nap time and my two boys have rung me dry already today! Add the other three DC kids and I'm exhausted and it's only noon!

So, I'm making grilled cheese for lunch today and Thomas said something to me as I was Country Crockin' one of the slices of bread. I turned around to look at him and he starts laughing and says "Mommy! You flung it!" At first I had NO idea what he was talking about until I looked down at my butter knife and lo and behold there is NO butter there! I looked around and asked Thomas to look around and we could not find the missing flung butter (the joys of having a cream colored kitchen UGH). So, I figured I'd eventually step in it with my bare toes and find it. . . and continued making lunch. As the stove top is heating up I'm slapping the Kraft singles on the bread and I see something fall from the side of the range hood. Yup, the butter blob! I guess my feet were saved from not having to feel the butter squish between my toes, and it wasn't that big of a mess (it melted off the hood). . . NOTHING compared to my Lemon Cake mess a few years ago. . .

I was preparing my dessert for the soup/salad night for Lenten service a few years ago. I was making this Hot Lemon Cake dessert. For those that know me and have been in my house I have a DENKY kitchen with hardly any counter space! (It wasn't the kitchen that drew me to this house, that is for dog-gone sure!) So I'm using my handmixer to mix up the pudding and cake mix. I placed the mixer to the side of the bowl, with the beaters dripping into the bowl. . . I turned around and did not know I had the cord wrapped around me! Yes, imagine it -- yellow cake batter/pudding mix in a great big green bowl. . . the mixer pulling away from the bowl. . . . OMG! YES It hit the floor!

It went KERPLUNK! I was a wee bit lucky. I say wee, because I had a mega mess on my hands. HOWEVER, the way the bowl landed, it landed the right way up! So, I didn't have lemon cake all over the floor -- but rather the CEILING! It was like a volcano when it hit the floor! I saw it in slow motion! The bowl hit the floor and the mix went flying UP, UP and AWAY! It was all over the ceiling, curtains, cabinets, window, stove -- everywhere BUT the floor! It was a MEGA mess! OK, so I still have some stuck to the ceiling! I got most of it when it happened and said screw it to the rest probably. . . . I was mad!

So, today's episode of flingin' the butter was nothing compared to Stacey's Hot Lemon Cake episode! I do wonder what will happen tonight when I cook dinner. . . .

Yes, there is NEVER a dull moment in this house!


1 comment:

  1. Bwahahahahaaaaaa...I remember this. I came hoe and was wondering what was on the ceiling. And the walls. You had missed a few spots! Quite funny. :)

    ReplyDelete