Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Cookies Round I

Well, the time has come to start my annual Christmas baking! I'm going to attempt to add a variety of cookies this year, and not just my norm! I started tonight with my granny's Peanut Butter Blossoms! For the longest time I thought my granny had made up this recipe! Little did I know! :) This year I added a new twist to it -- I decided to use colored sugars instead of the plain ol white ones and I'm quite pleased with them! Here is the recipe and a picture if I can figure out how to post a picture in this silly wacky thing! So far so good!


Peanut Butter Blossoms


1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened (I just use the stick margarine)
1 egg
1 1/2 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Granduated sugar (can use colored sugars too)
About 36 Hershey Kisses (or stars), unwrapped


Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, beat 1/2 c sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder (I use electric mixer) until dough forms.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place about 2 inches apart.

Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are light golded brown. Immediately press 1 kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

Makes about 3 dozen. . . however, I always get more than this -- maybe I roll the balls smaller than 1 inch? They are always good! When storing them I place a piece of bread in the bottom of the container to keep them moist. :)


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment